Saturday & Sunday, December 5 & 6, 2015
5 pm to 9 pm
Kurimoto Japanese Garden
This popular event ignites the festive season with thousands of candles along the paths of the Kurimoto Japanese Garden in a breathtaking display – a quiet oasis of peace and light. Visitors can count on their favorite elements from Luminarias past: a stroll through the candle-lit pathways, hot apple cider beside the bonfires, ice sculptures, delightful "snow sprites" and the seasonal sounds of strolling a capella singers. Plus, new for 2015, family-friendly interactive activities and entertainment will be offered, along with food and beverage options, and improved parking and free shuttle arrangements for streamlined entry.
As always, a special Memory Lane will be available for visitors who would like to light a candle in honour of a loved one.
Handmade natural decorative gifts and treasures will be available at the Crafters Workshop and the Shop-in-the-Garden will also be open.
Problems viewing? View the photo gallery here.
Due to the huge popularity of Luminaria, the Garden has made changes to ticketing and parking procedures:
- Tickets must be purchased in advance.
- You will be asked to select a date and time slot for your visit.
- When you purchase your ticket, you will be required to select a parking option.
Earlybird Ticket Prices
Earlybird pricing in effect until November 15. After November 15, ticket prices will increase by $2.00/ticket.
Prices do not include GST. Tickets are non-refundable. Passes and coupons are not eligible for this event.
Senior (65+) $7.75
Child (7-12) $4.25
Child (6 & Under) Free
Friends of the Garden $7.75
GETTING HERE AND PARKING
There are four ways to get to the Garden for the 2015 Luminaria event:
1. Park at the Garden (limited availability) - $25.00/vehicle
2. Take a park-and-ride shuttle from the Devon Shopping Centre in Devon - free
3. Take a park-and-ride shuttle from the Corbett Hall Parking Lot on the U of A campus - free
4. Make your own way to the U of A Campus shuttle (Health Sciences LRT station is nearby) - free
Important to know: All parking must be registered in advance when you purchase your ticket. Please do not attempt to park at the Garden unless you have registered in advance, as you will be turned away from the parking lot.
VOLUNTEERING FOR LUMINARIA
It takes a small and delightful army of volunteers to help create the magic of Luminaria. Learn more about how you can get involved!
Download a Volunteer Information Package
Apply to volunteer online
2015 Event Sponsor