Fruit Grower's Festival
Sunday, September 20, 2015
11 am to 3 pm
Sample the abundance of fruits that can be grown right here in a Zone 3 garden! Experts from the Fruit Growers Association will be on hand to answer all your questions about fruit-growing in Alberta, and guest speakers will discuss the challenges and pleasures of fruit growing on the prairies. Activities are free with regular admission.
- Fruit Sampling - taste a wide range of apples and other fruits that grow in prairie gardens.
- Ask a Grower - Members of the DBG Fruit Growers Association will be on hand to answer questions throughout the day
- Bake an apple by the Grebe Pond - Make and enjoy a yummy baked apple for $1.
- Informative presentations
- Operation Fruit Rescue Edmonton (OFRE) will be on hand with their bicycle-powered cider press
- Fruit wine sampling from Barr Estate Winery
Garden Season Pass holders and Friends of the Garden members get free admission to this event.
For more information call (780) 987-3054